In the past few days, Epic gave us quite a few heads ups for Fortnite's v10.40 update, and it's time to deliver - new playlist dubbed The Combine, Starry Suburbs rift zone, fresh Zone Wars limited-time modes, batarang tweaks and more.
Epic wrote the following about Fortnite's The Combine playlist, "Put your skill and muscle memory to the test! In this new playlist, your goal is to reach the end as fast as possible while eliminating all targets along the way. Compete against friends or other players for the fastest time on the leaderboard."
The Combine will be great for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Switch players too, as it lets them try out the new controller sensitivity and auto-aim settings, where Epic finally ditched the so-called left trigger auto-aiming spam.
Fortnite's new rift zone is called Starry Suburbs and the name is not an accident. "Come to this new Rift Zone to make your wishes come true — shooting stars with powerful loot are landing here", Epic wrote.
The dev described Zone Wars as a simulation of Fortnite's end-game scenario with a moving zone, randomised spawns and inventory items. It's a solo LTM that supports queueing with up to 15 friends, with respawning turned off.
- Zone Wars: Colosseum
- Created by Jesgran.
- Become the ultimate gladiator in a Colosseum-like island. This open-style island demands quick building.
- Zone Wars: Desert
- Created by JotaPeGame.
- Make your way through a small desert town to the final circle. A diverse set of weapons and mobility allow for unique gameplay and lots of replayability.
- Zone Wars: Downhill River
- Created by Enigma.
- Stay out of the storm as you move downhill through a river in this original-style Zone Wars island. Community launch pads and a consistent Storm path allow for familiarity after a few rounds.
- Zone Wars: Vortex
- Created by Zeroyahero.
- This island puts a unique twist on Zone Wars with its mountainous terrain to traverse. The elevation change from zone to zone can be quite drastic!