Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition has just been announced by Square Enix. The PC version will feature bonus content from the console versions originally available through the Season Pass and free updates. GameWorks technology is employed to bring life to the in-game world.
Square Enix announced today that they will be bringing their Final Fantasy XV to PC. The "Windows Edition" is set to launch in early 2018. According to the press release, the game will come "loaded with Nvidia GameWorks technology and other advanced PC features adding cutting-edge graphics and physics simulation technologies with support for Nvidia's capture and share tools".
Square Enix's Luminous Engine and Nvidia GameWorks will make this edition "the definitive version of the game". Final Fantasy XV for PC will have support for native 4K and 8K resolutions, as well as HDR10 and Dolby Atmos.
The game will come equipped with loads of "bonus content from the console versions originally available through the Season Pass and free updates, while the addition of a new first-person mode allows a more immersive experience".
“With the help of Nvidia, we are creating a stunning visual experience in Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition, one worthy of this beloved franchise,” said Hajime Tabata, Director of Final Fantasy XV at Square Enix. “Nvidia pushes the pace of innovation in our industry, and that benefits gamers and developers alike.”
Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition will include the following GameWorks technology for real-time graphics and physics simulations:
- Nvidia Flow - "to create dynamic, combustible fluid, fire and smoke."
- Nvidia HairWorks - "to create dynamic, life-like hair and fur for characters, animals and monsters that inhabit the game."
- Nvidia ShadowWorks - "to enable characters to cast shadows on themselves."
- Nvidia Turf Effects - "to create dynamic grass and vegetation in the game environment."
- Nvidia VXAO - "adds depth and realism based on the physics principles shadows and light."
GeForce Experience capture and share tools will also be supported:
- Nvidia Ansel "an in-game photography tool that allows gamers to compose shots from any position, adjust with post-process filters, capture HDR images in high fidelity formats, and share screenshots in 360 via a smartphone, PC or VR headset."
- Nvidia ShadowPlay "Highlights automatically captures a gamer’s greatest gaming achievements in video and screenshot and enables seamless sharing through social channels."