EA and Codemasters have dropped a gameplay deep dive video for F1 2023, revealing the first details on some new features like Red Flags and new tracks such as Las Vegas and Lusail.
It's that time of the year when EA and developer Codemasters officially start revealing more of their annual F1 game. This year's title, the F1 23 , is coming with a set of interesting new features but also some big changes that should make the driving experience even more realistic than before.
EA have just shared a gameplay deep dive video where they explained the new stuff while showing us how that works and looks in the actual game. This is also our first look at the gameplay in F1 2023, which looks pretty much like the last year's game.
Anyway, below, you'll find some of the highlights of F1 23's new features, which include new tracks, the return of Red Flag and more. Read on for additional details.
What's new in F1 2023?
- Reworked acceleration, braking, and cornering.
- The way each car's engine delivers torque has been refined, with more progressive steps relative to gear and throttle input.
- On-track surfaces such as kerbs and rumble strips will be noticeably more pronounced.
- Precision Drive is a new tech allowing you to notice a direct feel for greater accuracy with each steering input, evident in all situations from full-lock on hairpins to smaller correctional changes through sweeping corners.
- A new, 35 per cent race distance.
- Red flags can be triggered by racing incidents caused by other drivers in multiplayer, by the AI in offline modes, or during periods of extreme wet weather conditions.
- As with the real sport, you’ll be able to adjust your race strategy, fit new tyres, and repair some damage to your car before the race restarts.
- Two brand-new racing locations will be making their debut at launch - the Las Vegas Street Circuit in Nevada, USA and the Losail International Circuit in Doha, Qatar.
Keep in mind that this is only the first gameplay reveal with the first details on the changes and new features. We expect to hear more about F1 2023 as we get closer to the actual launch.
F1 23 will launch on PlayStation 5 , Xbox Series X|S , PlayStation 4 , Xbox One , and PC via EA App, Epic Games Store, and Steam on June 16, 2023.
- PlayStation Showcase date, rumours and what to expect
- Mortal Kombat 12 might get Peacemaker and Homelander
- A Plague Tale: Requiem update adds 60 FPS performance mode on PS5 and Xbox Series X
- The Witcher 3 4.03 Patch adds Intel XeSS and Auto Apply Oils option
- Rainbow Six Siege banned over 30,000 cheaters in three months