Paradox Interactive have announced a major expansion for their grand strategy title Europa Universalis IV. Named Emperor, the expansion brings new systems, missions and more.
Europa Universalis IV: Emperor is the name of a major expansion for Paradox Interactive's critically acclaimed grand strategy. The exact release date is yet to be officially confirmed but the developer and publisher said it should arrive in 2020.
As for the new content, the Emperor brings a ton of fresh additions. There are brand new systems for the Holy Roman Empire, over 20 new missions and reworked Revolutions among other things. Here is the breakdown of everything that will arrive this year:
- A Powerful Pope: Appoint cardinals, publish Papal Bulls and gather tithes. The Vatican and Papal Controller now have new abilities to sway the souls of Christendom.
- New Holy Roman Empire Systems: Imperial Incidents provide new challenges to the Emperor's power and authority.
- Revolutions Revamped: The spirit of Revolution is a contagion that must be either embraced or vigorously opposed. Use the guillotine and revolutionary guard to enforce the new way of thinking.
- The Hussite Faith: Bohemia has an early game chance to embrace heresy and stand alone against the Pope until The Reformation.
- Hegemonies: If you accomplish great feats, you should expect great rewards. Seize the mantle of honour for accumulating great wealth and armies.
- New Missions: Over 20 new unique mission trees for a variety of European nations
- Defender of Faith: With great responsibility comes great power. Earn more bonuses for defending a major religion than for defending a small one.
- The Council of Trent and Counter-Reformation: Join other Catholic rulers to slow down the spread of the Reformation by making concessions to the unruly mob or harshly imposing the will of God.
- Provoke Rebellions: Risk a larger rebellion now while you think you can manage it instead of waiting for discontent to take its course.
On top of this, Paradox also confirmed that Emperor expansion will be followed by a major free update, which packs a redrawn map of the west and central Europe, Crown Lands, new ideas and a host of other big changes.
Europa Universalis IV is avalible on PC.