Star Kings is the third expansion to the hit 4X strategy game Age of Wonders: Planetfall. The expansion will launch in the first week of November, and bring a new playable faction, an all-new story campaign, and more.
Star Kings launches on November 10, 2020, for PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 for $19.99 (£15.49 / €19.99). Star Kings is the final expansion for the Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season Pass and it will introduce a new playable faction into the mix, an all-new story campaign, and more.
In addition to the launch of Star Kings on November 10, there will be a free update available for all Planetfall players adding tons of new content including the ability to build their own custom galactic empire.
Star Kings looks to the future and lets players mould the galaxy in their own image to plant the seeds of an empire that will last forever. New features coming with Star Kings include:
- New playable faction - The Oathbound: a group of noble Paladins who pilot giant mechs and tear their foes apart with massive arc weapons imbued with lightning. The mythical Seers are the benevolent yet cunning leaders of the Oathbound that support their Paladin brethren in battle through their ability to see into the future from their connection with a mysterious computer system.
- New story campaign: Lead a brave Paladin of the Oathbound on a mission to save all of mankind through the use of the mythical Grail Configuration. The journey leads players across the galaxy to the planet of Union Prime where the Star Union was born and secrets long forgotten come to light.
- Grail Configurations: Powerful new landmark structures earned through multi-stage quests. These mysterious structures were created by an extinct race of crystal entities and are used for powerful long term bonuses that are integral in forging the biggest empires possible.
- Wildlife additions: Three new wildlife groups are joining the fray. The Psionica, vampire-like rock creatures that feed on psychic energy; the Apostates, former Oathbound that have given up their vows to embrace chaos; and the Mycelians, sentient mushrooms that have taken control of farming equipment to become cyborgs.
A free patch will be added with new features that everyone can enjoy. Key features coming with the patch include:
- Galactic Empire: You will be able to customize your own empire by conquering worlds with the progress that carries over between play sessions. Combine technology from various races and carry over heroes between planets as you lay the foundation of an eternal empire.
- New worlds to conquer: Each world will have different traits and bonus objectives that will add a ton of gameplay variety and extra challenges as you take over new planets to expand a growing empire.
- Tech requisition: Develop new strategies by adopting and combining secret tech from various Planetfall races.
- Residential Sectors: Create Super Colonies by building beyond the city sector limit and use a variety of racial upgrades to maximize economic variety.
- Endless Research: Each tech tree now contains a ‘Future Tech’ skill that can be researched an unlimited number of times. Future Tech provides a random stacking bonus every time it is upgraded.
Star Kings officially launches on November 10.