As you explore the world of Diablo 4, you'll find brand new experiences in Diablo 4 called Strongholds. Here's everything you need to know about these new
Diablo 4 is set to introduce various new additions and changes and one of the biggest new features in Blizzard's highly-anticipated action RPG are called strongholds, a unique locations that players will need to clear out of evil presence.
In one of the recent developer livestreams, the dev teams talked more about these new experiences in the Sanctuary, confirming what rewards players should expect, how many of these strongholds are in the world and more.
In the breakdown below, you'll find the key details about strongholds, what they are and why these experiences are imporntat in Diablo 4. So withouth further ado, let's dive into it.
Diablo 4 Strongholds details
- Multiple strongholds can be found in each of the five zones in Diablo 4
- Each Stronghold is a unique location with a different story, bosses and objectives
- Strongholds are private experiences like the Campaign
- When you conquer a stronghold, the game will unlock additional content in the world
- Strongholds will become a location where you can meet other players once cleared
- Strongholds will provide great rewards
- In addition to the loot you get from killing the boss, Strongholds also reward players with Renown
- When you collect enough Renown, you'll get rewards like additional potion charges and skill points
Blizzard did not say what's the total number of strongholds in Diablo 4 but it does seem like there will be plenty of these experiences as each region will have several strongholds.
Players will get to experience first strongholds in the upcoming Diablo 4 open beta, which will feature the opening zone called Fractured Peaks.
All in all, strongholds do sound really exciting and we can't wait to finally give it a go when Diablo 4 launches in a couple of months.
- Diablo 4 pre-order bonuses and Standard, Deluxe and Ultimate Editions explained
- Diablo 4 zones: List of all regions in the game
- Blizzard confirm Diablo 4 open beta classes
- Diablo IV will not sell power for real life currency, says Blizzard
- Diablo 4 cutscenes will fully feature your customisable character