Developer Dark Lord and Publisher Daedalic Entertainment today announced Glitchpunk, a cyberpunk-themed game with an old school GTA 2 feel. It's a top-down action game set to be released in 2021.
Daedalic Entertainment, who you may know as the studio behind the upcoming action-adventure The Lord of the Rings: Gollu, have revealed their brand new game named Glitchpunk. Set to be released in 2021, Glitchpunk is a top-down action game where you shoot, brawl, drive, steal and sneak yourself through a neon-soaked world full of gangs and cults, forging cooperations along the way.
A demo of the game is available during the Steam Games Festival: February 2021 from 3rd February to 9th February. Here's a quick breakdown of the game's plot:
"In Glitchpunk you play as a glitching android going against your own programming and challenging the tyrannical governments and megacorps of the dystopian near-future"
- Brutal top-down action with a massive arsenal of weapons to choose from
- Hacking system allows players to control minds of pedestrians and affect various devices.
- Many different ways of locomotion, including trains, tanks, motorbikes, buses, trucks, and obviously tons of cars
- Frantic police chases and up to 10 escalations of mayhem-inducing wanted levels
- 12 gangs with their own stories, quests, and culture
- 4 different cities, from the desert remains of the USA to cyberpunk Soviet Russia in a post-nuclear winter
- Mature story with several endings
- Rare art style mix of 2D sprites in a 3D environment
- In-game radio with music by artists from all over the world, together with news stations and absurd commercials
The game is expected to hit Early Access on Steam in the first half of 2021.