Cyberpunk 2077 has been updated to version 1.05 on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and the update improves performance and visuals on all the platforms.
CDPR were aiming for the two main areas they've been catching flak for, and it looks like they've achieved both. Consoles are reporting much better performance and it looks like Cyberpunk 2077 may still get to shine on PS4 and Xbox One.
Version 1.05 brings a number of changes, starting with quests - no more disappearing Jackie, fast travel-induced breaking of progression, and so on. Gameplay-wise, Cyberpunk 2077's NPC reaction time when taking cover has been improved.
Although PCs didn't exactly suffer from the same ailments, CDPR optimised thread utilization for 4-core and 6-core Ryzen processors and tweaked the brightness on ray-traced reflections.
It looks like Sony may have jumped the gun with their decision to remove Cyberpunk 2077 from PlayStation Store, as CDPR's updates are making a proper difference.
Cyberpunk 2077 got the following console-specific improvements:
- Improved image sharpness with Chromatic Aberration and Film Grain on
- Settings should no longer reset to default after several game session restarts
- Fixed visual issues occurring during the transition between The Heist and Love Like Fire
- Corrected the look of several vehicles
- [Xbox] Entering combat while Synaptic Accelerator is active no longer ends in player health bar not being displayed
- [Xbox] Game no longer becomes unresponsive when signing out from a profile when the controller disconnection message is visible
- Telemetry consent request will appear once more due to an earlier issue with settings reset
- Fixed an issue whereby it was possible to fall down the elevator shaft in Megabuilding H8 in Automatic Love
You can find the 1.05 patch notes here .