Console exclusivity is not an issue that will plague Baldur's Gate 3 but its arrival on Xbox is still not confirmed.
State of Play 2023 revealed a lot of exciting news for PlayStation fans but one thing that left Xbox players in a bind of a bind was the announcement that Baldur's Gate 3 is coming to PS5.
The game was initially only announced for PC but now it is also coming to Sony 's console and the release date is the same - August 31, 2023.
Larian Studios employee recently chimed in to dispel some of the fears of the Xbox community although not all of them are going away.
Namely, the devs are indeed developing an Xbox version of the game but they ran into issues with the platform. Currently, the split-screen co-op is the major thorn in Larian's side which is why the team is not confident enough to announce Baldur's Gate on XSX yet.
On the flip side, this also confirmed that there is no timed exclusivity deal with Sony so Xbox fans don't have to worry about the company throwing a wrench in their gears once again.
There is still a chance that the devs figure it out and manage to release Baldur's Gate on Xbox Series X simultaneously with other platforms but it cannot be confirmed at this time.
- Xbox exclusive Avowed is targeting Q2 2024 release date, it's claimed
- Fallout New Vegas director Josh Sawyer says he could see himself working on Fallout again
- Obsidian would love to make another Fallout game but it's not that simple
- Fallout 5 probably won't be coming before 2030
- Obsidian's RPG Avowed to feature guns and muskets