Respawn Entertainment's developer army may be taking their deserved holiday breaks, but data miners are crunching big time it seems. Among the latest findings is Loba, Apex Legends' supposed new character, but this one is more like a re-discovery.
Loba, or Rosie depending on when you've read about Apex Legends' new character, looks like a great alternative to Wraith, but doesn't seem as useful to have in a team as Wraith.
Naturally, that will greatly depend on the quality of the player behind the proverbial wheel. If you've got a sharpshooter among your ranks, Loba is likely to make many a life plain miserable, what with the teleportation ability allowing her to switch positions and attack from different vectors.
- Burglar’s Best Friend: Throw a disc and teleport to that location.
- Supply for Demand: Hold off-hand ability to choose a type of loot. Reveal what type of loot around you through walls.
- Black Market Boutique: Place a device that can steal all nearby loot.
- Eye for Quality: Loba can see nearby loot through walls and can open up hidden compartments in loot bins.
- Extra: Loot Category; Weapons, Armor, Health & Shields, Attachments, Backpacks, and Ammo & Ordnance.
The current data-mine found new sound files added to Loba, specifically the Burglar's Best Friend tactical ability. You can hear the effect in the video below at 1:16, and while it's nothing spectacular - it's a pretty good confirmation that Loba is on her way.