Apex Legends Global Series has announced a number of changes in reaction to the global coronavirus pandemic, and as expected, the competition will be moving online. Respawn are spicing things up though, with several $100K tournaments in play.
"As part of a broader Stay & Play initiative, the ALGS team is continuing to shift our events away from physical tournaments to Online Tournaments where players will compete for USD $100K in cash per tournament in addition to ALGS points", the official announcement reads.
At the same time, Apex Legends players will find that the ALGS going online means more chances to watch tournaments from the comfort of their homes.
With all the ALGS live events suspended until the health situation improves, Respawn have postponed the PGL Bucharest Premier Event #2.
Thankfully, the competition won't suffer due to Online Tournaments 4, 5 and 6 being added to the calendar, which are starting on 18 April, 2 May and 30 May 2020, respectively.
Here's the official TL&DR:
- PGL Bucharest Premier Event #2 is postponed
- Online Tournament #3, taking place April 4 & 6, will now award USD $100k in addition to ALGS Points. Registration is open now here and closes at 12 PM PDT on April 2
- Online Tournaments 4, 5 & 6 have been added to the calendar, with each having a prize pool of USD $100K and ALGS Points up for grabs.
- Online Tournament #4 will take place on April 18 & 20, with registration starting on April 7 at 10:00 AM PDT here.
- Online Tournament #5 will take place on May 2 & 4, with registration starting on April 21 at 10:00 AM PDT here.
- Online Tournament #6 will take place on May 30 & June 1, with registration starting on May 19 at 10:00 AM PDT here.
- The EU & NA Finals of each Online Tournament will be broadcast live on YouTube and on Twitch.
- Check out the ALGS Points Leaderboard at battlefy.com/leagues/algs
As for non-competitive Apex Legends content, Respawn dropped the first teaser for what's rumoured to be impending Bloodhound's Town Takeover event yesterday. The teaser is a dead Prowler, and it seems they're just around the corner.