Guardian Games are in full swing again and Bungie made another oversight in an update. This time around, players can get limitless Glimmer and Legendary Shards without playing any activities.
Update: The loop has been hotfixed. Class items from Eva no longer give Shards for dismantling. Original article as follows.
Currency conversion with Spider in Tangled Shore is proving problematic to Bungie since they accidentally left a conversion loop that lets Guardians turn 1,250 Glimmer into 10,000, indefinitely. The conversion includes Legendary Shards along the way so this also means you can get a pile of these while you're at it.
Essentially, the entire loop consists of a few steps:
- Put all of your class items into the Vault
- Buy nine Guardian Games 2021 class items from Eva Levante
- Dismantle them
- Repeat until you're out of Glimmer
- Go to Spider in the Tangled Shore
- Convert the Legendary Shards you gained from dismantling into designated planetary material
- It has to be one Shard for five materials exchange
- At the time of writing it was Spinmetal Leaves
- Convert the planetary material into Glimmer until you cap out at 250,000
- Go to Eva Levante and repeat the cycle
At maximum, you will be able to buy and dismantle 250 class items per run, meaning you gain 750 Legendary Shards. It takes 100 Shards to get 500 planetary materials that will bring your Glimmer from zero to 250,000. In other words, each cycle will net you 650 Shards and 250,000 Glimmer.
The drawbacks are that the method is tedious and Bungie didn't officially state anything about the matter yet. From here on out, those getting a bunch of Shards and Glimmer may or may not face some sort of punishment but Bungie folks have a track record of being good sports in these situations.
After all, they never banned anyone for 12-player raids and other similarly accidental exploits.