Stunlock Studios pushed out an update for V Rising, fixing a handful of issues and despite not being numerous, the fixes are pretty significant.
Duping in video games is generally a bad thing for the wider populace as it can ruin everyone's enjoyment by nuking the game's economy or making progression pointless.
Items could previously be duplicated by dismantling a servant's coffin, provided it had a servant that has previously died. This is the most basic and most common example of duping in video games and having items replicated in a fairly easy fashion is generally what ruins the experience in the long run.
However, V Rising had another form of duping as well. Retrieving items from a servant that died could provide stacked attributes, meaning you could get obscenely powerful if you did it enough times.
Both of these issues were resolved with Hotfix 10 which has also expelled the glitch with items that couldn't be equipped or unequipped. This problem occurred when items ended up in a state where they could no longer be repaired and as of the update, they will be entirely removed from the game.
Players should now be able to equip something else in slots previously occupied by broken gear, allowing the progression to once again continue, without the ability to dupe anything.
More recent updates:
- PUBG Update 19.1 brings back Haven map, MP9, Assassin's Creed items and more
- Battlefield 2042 Update 1.2 changes Operators looks and reworks Kaleidoscope map
- League of Legends Patch 12.15 Buffs Kennen Back Into the Meta
- League of Legends Patch 12.15 Disables Duo Queue For Smurfs
- Elden Ring Patch 1.06 brings new invasion areas and rebalances Greatsword