PUBG Corporation have today announced that their battle royale game PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds has sold over 70 million units to date. The developer are celebrating this huge milestone with a fresh batch of content in Season 8.
PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG) is celebrating a huge milestone with the upcoming Season 8 update. Today, PUBG Corp. have confirmed that their mega-popular battle royale has sold over 70 million units to date.
To celebrate this milestone, PUBG Corp. will release a fresh batch of content which includes a makeover for the popular tropical island map Sanhok. "The once familiar jungle destination is now an overgrown abandoned paradise that has been remastered to be leaner, meaner, and more deadly than ever before," it is written in the announcement.
Remade Sanhok and other major additions in Season 8 officially arrive to PC on July 22 and July 30, 2020, for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Google Stadia. The devs say that almost every building, tree, rock and material on the map has been rebuilt from the ground up.
Many locations including Boot Camp, Ruins, Pai Nan, Khao and Quarry have received extensive design and art upgrades. On top of this, there are brand new locations such as a new tourist town Getaway and Bootcamp Airfield. Here is the breakdown of new content in Season 8:
- The Loot Truck: Driving the roads of Sanhok are autonomous cargo transports that offer players a brand-new way to gear up. As these trucks take damage, they will drop some loot and continue on their way. Players persistent enough to destroy the truck will be rewarded with an even bigger cache of weapons and gear for their squad.
- Confiscated Weapons: Players who take down the Loot Truck will be rewarded with fully customised weapons. For the first time ever in PUBG, players can pick-up weapons that come with pre-installed attachments and unique skins.
- Improved Jerry Cans: These explosive bundles of joy are making their revised debut. Pour gas on the ground to set a fiery trap or toss the whole thing at an enemy and light it up.
- New Ranked Season: A new Ranked season begins with Update 8.1. The season brings a much-requested change to scoring, with Ranked Point acquisition now taking team placement into account. Additionally, Vikendi has been added to the Ranked map pool.
- Survivor Pass: Payback: Accompanying the latest season is the newest Survivor Pass, which gives players a large amount of new skins to earn as they explore the forgotten paradise of Sanhok.