Pokemon GO is having its Grass-type month during April 2020. For the occasion, the developers have tinkered with some of the Trainer Battle attacks and added some special initiatives for a bunch of Pokemon.
April 2020 is Pokemon GO's Grass-type month and in celebration of it, some changes are coming to Grass-type attacks and Grass-type Pokemon in Trainer Battles, along with a few other tweaks:
Updates to existing attacks in Pokemon GO
- Bullet Seed - now generates energy more quickly.
- Energy Ball - reaches full charge more quickly and has a chance of lowering the opponent’s Defense by one stage.
- Leaf Tornado - has a chance of decreasing your opponent’s Attack by two stages.
The damage that the following attacks deal has been decreased in Trainer Battles:
- Ancient Power
- Silver Wind
- Ominous Wind - It also reaches full charge less quickly.
These changes will make Ancient Power, Silver Wind, and Ominous Wind more strategically similar to other moves that affect stats but with a higher risk for the higher reward offered by these moves.
Pokemon that can learn more attacks
- Bellossom: Bullet Seed - The combination of this Grass-type Fast Attack with Bellossom’s Grass-type Charged Attack Leaf Blade makes Bellossom a powerful option as a Grass-type lead.
- Jumpluff: Aerial Ace - Pairing the Flying-type Charged Attack Aerial Ace with the Grass-type Fast Attack Bullet Seed allows Jumpluff to use Charged Attacks more quickly.
- Ludicolo: Energy Ball - This attack reaches full charge faster than Solar Beam, giving the Pokemon access to a different Grass-type Charged Attack to use with different play styles.
- Cradily: Bullet Seed - This Grass-type Fast Attack will charge up Cradily’s Charged Attacks faster.
- Sunshine Form Cherrim: Fire-type Weather Ball - fitting for a Pokemon that appears when it’s sunny out.
- Tangrowth: Rock Slide - Tangrowth can continue having a dominating lead against Kyogre and Groudon in Master League while making the Flying-type Pokemon often used to counter it more dependent on Protect Shields.