PlanetSide 2's _Interogation update is one of the more substantial patches the game has had so far. The newly available update unlocks the NSO faction and brings new vehicles, weapons and more.
Who is ready for a complete overhaul of the robotic Nanite Systems Operative faction in PlanetSide 2 ?
The new _Integration update doesn't care if you just raised your hand or not. This is happening. Today. For the PC crowd. The update will reach PlayStation 4 in August.
Initially released a thousand years ago in 2019, the NSO faction was a members-only privilege but has now evolved into its "free to all players" form.
PlanetSide 2 - how to unlock the NSO faction
- Achieve Battle Rank 20.
- Get the mission to learn more about the NSO faction while hanging out onboard the Sanctuary social zone.
- Completing the mission will unlock the new faction for the account and allow the creation of NSO characters.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Perks for members:
Players with All Access Memberships can now join Outfits on one of the three main factions, the Vanu Sovereignty, New Conglomerate, and the Terran Republic.
Free players will remain “freelance” operatives that fight for the lowest populated faction on a continent.
PlanetSide 2's historic _Integration update
The _Integration update also deployed a bunch of new infantry and vehicle weapons, changes to existing units, and new vehicles, making this the heftiest patch in PlanetSide 2's nine-year history.
_Integration update highlights
- 2 New vehicles - the Chimera Main Battle Tank, and Dervish Heavy Fighter
- 11 New directive trees
- 16 New vehicle weapons
- 35 New infantry weapons
- 10+ New UI screen updates, reticles, and HUD overlays
- 130+ New sound effects, music, stingers, and vocals
- 260+ New particle effects and lighting elements