Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord has exploded onto Steam and the long-awaited strategy is getting some great reviews by fans. Other players have been encountering some crashing though, a chunk of which TaleWorlds are fixing with e1.0.1 update.
So far, the wait seems to have been well worth it for most, as Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord's dev made sure to keep the best parts of the Warband experience, while refreshing and/or sprucing up the formula elsewhere.
It only took a few hours for Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord to climb Steam's charts and even manage to overtake PUBG as the third most-played game on Steam at the time. The numbers have since dropped, but Taleworlds' strategy is still in fourth place, albeit well behind PUBG.
It seems that crashing has been quite the issue for many players though, which prompted the dev to roll out the fixes with the e1.0.1 patch.
Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord update fixes crashing on the multiplayer team selection screen, the crashing caused by Army Poachers quest timeout and failing the mission without fighting, as well as the Bounty Hunter quest stability issues.
Among the non-crash related fixes for Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord, TaleWorlds capped daily workshop income at 200, changed the siege tactic's default weapons, and allowed players to make peace with minor faction lords through barter.
The full list of fixes is as follows:
- Fixed a rare crash when opening the multiplayer team selection screen
- Fixed a crash caused by timeout for the Army of Poachers quest
- Fixed a crash that occurred when failing Army of Poachers quest without fighting
- Fixed a crash caused by the Gang Leader Needs Weapons daily issue creation
- Fixed a crash caused by the Bounty Hunters quest success and fail consequences
- Fixed a rare crash that occurs when talking to common area thugs
- Fixed a crash that occurred when talking with village notables to get a quest
- Fixed a rare conversation freeze when following an NPC to find a quest hero
- Fixed a crash that occurred after clearing the Rival Gang quest
- Corrected the weapons of some ranged units
- Some troops that were using noble tier weapons received more appropriate equipment
- Some weapon parts' crafting material costs were fixed
- Some minor equipment changes for Aserai, Battania, and Khuzait troops
- Fixed a crash that occurred when helping an allied party that is besieging a settlement
- Fixed a crash that occurred when helping an allied party that is getting attacked while besieging enemy settlement
- A rare crash caused by AI clans joining kingdoms as mercenaries has been fixed
- Fixed a problem that locked the player in a conversation after asking a villager to take you to a character
- Fixed a crash with the quest Lord Needs Garrison Troops that occurred for some Vlandian castles
- Fixed a rare crash that occurred when talking to people (townsmen, townswomen, child, infant) in towns and villages
- Fixed a crash that occurred when running out of stamina while crafting charcoal
- Fixed a crash caused by the Rival Gang quest. If this quest was done before, there is a chance your save is already broken. Future errors are fixed
- Unintended consequences for clans that leave their kingdoms have been removed
- Players will now be able to make peace with minor faction lords through barter, saving them from a soft-lock to join kingdoms
- Siege tactic default weapons have changed
- Capped daily workshop income at 200
- Clan tier maximum party size bonus formula has changed
- Fixed some of the crashes after launching and on scene entry
- Fixed the infinite loading issue with some scenes
- Fixed a crash when switching options to low or very low
- Fixed an issue with the crash uploader.