TaleWorlds Entertainment have been quite busy polishing Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord and the dev now posted a list of things they'll be focusing on in addition to stability fixes.
The list specifically covers improvements to singleplayer and the engine, but there's plenty to look forward to.
Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord players will be getting more quests, more varied issue generator, as well as a sandbox option to build your kingdom without having to follow the storyline.
TaleWorlds wrote they'll do some main storyline tweaks, but they didn't exactly say what. There will be new perks that will be added per skill, which they started implementing in the current beta branch,
Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord should be getting some graphics improvements that should improve FPS on existing rigs as well as allow slower machines to play. You can check out the full list below.
- Kingdom & Politics
- A sandbox option that will allow players to create their own kingdom independent of the main storyline
- Kingdom Decisions for Declaring War and Making Peace
- Adjustments to Kingdom Policies
- Character System
- New perks that will likely be added on a per skill basis. You can see the beginning of this in our latest beta version (e1.4.0).
- Skill Progression & Effects Balancing
- Issues and Quests
- Adding New Quests
- Improving the issue creation algorithm so that players are more likely to experience a broad scope of possible issue quests without sacrificing their ties to our ingame world
- Main Storyline Content
- Execution Consequences
- Map Conversation Improvements
- Hideout Improvements
- Simulation Health
- Kingdom strengths
- Clan resources (Money, Influence, Members)
- Scene Notifications (f.e. executions)
- Bug Fixes
- AI performance optimizations
- Formation system performance optimizations
- Memory management improvements
- Battle formation AI and tactics overhaul
- Siege tower and ladder usage fixes for AI
- Additional fixes on siege battles
- Agent AI combat enhancements
- Improvements to the Order of Battle System
- Improvements to the Order User Interface
- Ranged and mounted training NPCs for the tutorial scene
- Better support for modders in the sound system
- Bug Fixes
- Updating existing and creating new scenes
- Updating existing and creating new equipment and other models
- Adding new weapon parts for crafting
- Creating new armor design concepts
- Improving Animations
- Facegen Polish / Improvements
- Conversation Animations Polish
- Improving Game Menu Art
- World Map Improvements
- Overall FPS improvements for big field & siege battles
- GPU optimizations for low-end configs
- Fixing spikes throughout the game
- Preparing a new telemetry beta branch that should allow players with complex issues to provide us with additional data that will help us to track down and resolve the underlying problems.
- Replay Editor
- Modding Tools & Documentation
- Refactoring some campaign-related classes.
- Savegame cleanup and improvements
- Localization support for dynamic text usage in some languages