Monstrum by Team Junkfish is coming for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Switch on 22 May 2020. The game's physical release has been postponed due to the current global situation.
Monstrum, the acclaimed survival horror game developed by Team Junkfish is coming for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Switch on 22 May 2020.
The release will, for the moment, be entirely digital as the physical launch got postponed due to the current global developments related to COVID-19.
Either way, once the game lands on your platform of choice, it will blend predators and permadeath with procedurally-generated container ship levels to make the open seas even scarier.
Monstrum sees those who play it awaken trapped on a huge, abandoned cargo ship with no comprehension of how they got there. From there, you will be hunted by a beast that - once it has killed you - sends you back to the beginning.
Permadeath coupled with procedurally generated rooms should be terrifying all on its own but add to that the fact you have no way to defeat that what's chasing you and the bones should be adequately shaken.
- Survive a changing environment and monster with each new game.
- Each predator has its strategy, abilities, and weaknesses.
- Use whatever you can find to outwit the monsters and escape the ship.
- Hide, distract, and run, but be careful not to fall into the numerous traps.
- Death is permanent. Try to stay alive or you’ll have to start all over again.