Infinity Ward have once again nerfed M4A1 assault rifle and 725 shotgun in the latest Call of Duty: Modern Warfare patch. The M4 got increased hip spread and reduced head damage while the shotgun range has been reduced.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has received another patch today, and the developer Infinity Ward have released the full patch notes, detailing all the changes that have been made to the game. The patch features more fixes for crashing issues but the main focus was on balancing and various tweaks to weapons and other items.
One of the most notable tweaks comes to the M4A1 assault rifle and 725 shotgun, two of the game's most popular and powerful weapons. The duo was already nerfed in the previous update, but we can confirm that both are still very powerful and the best choice in the game.
The latest patch should change this and bring both M4A1 and 725 in line with other weapons. The assault rifle's hip spread has been increased and damage to the head has been decreased while 725 shotgun won't be as deadly as before since its range has been reduced.
It remains to be seen if these tweaks will bring significant changes to weapons but it's good to see that Infinity Ward are working hard to make all the weapons balanced and viable.
The patch also nerfs all assault rifles with minor hip spread adjustment, fixes some challenges issues and tweaks footstep sounds. Here are the full patch notes:
- More backend fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability across all modes and all platforms
- Fix for a bug where a player using the Riot Shield would not take explosive damage during certain situations
- Fixed an issue where the Riot Shield would stow on the players back when using Stim. (Tactical)
- Adjusted to always play walk footstep sounds when in ADS and crouch independent of speed
- Increased the speed in which you can remain using the walk footstep sounds by slightly pressing on the movement stick
- General fix for the UI and Challenge state getting out of sync. We'll continue to monitor and make additional fixes as needed in future updates
- Fix for a challenge related error that could occur; DEV ERROR 5476
- Fix for Mission Challenge description, “Get Kills with a Burst Weapons” being too vague.
- Spawn tuning while playing TDM and Domination
- Domination flag adjustments; B Flag is now near the busses instead of the centre fountain
- ARs: Minor hip spread adjustment
- 725: Reduce range
- M4: increase hip spread, decrease damage to the head
- FAL: Reduced recoil, increased ADS speed
- EB-14: Increase ADS speed
- Miscellaneous ammo reserve adjustments upon spawning to be in-line with other weapons of their class
- Fix for a bug where a player using the Overkill perk with an SMG as their secondary would sometimes spawn without a primary weapon when joining a match in progress