Rumour has it Spike Chunshoft are developing the next One Piece game, which is currently targeting an early 2022 release date. Apparently, the game features RPG elements but switches to a 3D fighter during battles.
Earlier this week, we got a rumour regarding the next One Piece game from Bandai Namco. The publisher registered a trademark for One Piece Odyssey , which was more than enough for fans to start speculating about the new game, which is yet to be officially unveiled.
Today, a new rumour surfaced on Reddit, with some interesting new details about the game. Before you dive into it, we suggest you take this with a huge grain of salt since it does not come from a solid source. Just don't get all excited before we get some news from Bandai Namco.
That being said, here's the rumour:
- Spike Chunsoft are developing it
- Character creation system will be a thing, with original character you make and can customized their own mechanics, similar to Xenoverse and Jump Force
- Original story where you're helping Luffy in his war
- Base Roster will be decent in size, and Bandai will keep expanding it with multiple Seasons of DLC
- RPG elements such as exploration of multiple islands (not very huge like AAAA games tho)
- this game turns into a 3D fighter when you go in battles, it will be similar to Jump Force and Burning Blood in mechanics with One Piece exclusive features (like haki and devil fruit abilities)
- Release targeted in early 2022