Infinity Ward have listed Call of Duty: Modern Warfare beta feedback, which includes bug reports and other issues that players experienced during the test. The devs will aim to fix these problems before the official launch.
Players had the opportunity to try out Call of Duty: Modern Warfare before the release in the open beta test that was available last week. The open beta featured several game modes including the 32v32 mode named Ground War and the realism mode that turns off several features like minimap, player names and more.
For Infinity Ward, the goal of the open beta was to test the crossplay feature and of course, find bugs and issues so they can fix them before the official launch, which is coming next month. Well, judging by the latest post from the developers, it looks like the beta was a huge success since the feedback from players was overwhelming.
Infinity Ward listed some of the biggest bugs and issues that were discovered during the beta and these should be fixed in the upcoming weeks. The devs say that the list is not complete and so don't get alarmed if you don't see the issues you reported. Here is the full list:
• Blurriness while ADSing or on the matchmaking screen on PC
• Crashes on Xbox One and PC
• Players are unable to chat with console platforms while on PC
• Players were able to change their input device midmatch. We deployed a fix for this during the beta.
• Recon Drone UI staying on screen after using
• Juggernaut Suit not spawning out of the crate and the mask staying on screen after the player has died in the suit and respawned back in to match
• Ground War: In some cases, players would spawn or be ‘pushed’ under the map, allowing them to kill enemy players while being hidden. Friendlies are also able to spawn on under the map as well. We’re looking into how you spawn on your teammates as well as spawning in on vehicles in general, too.
• Players are unable to shoot through open rails/towers
• Screen tearing on character and weapon models on Xbox
• VTOL Jet firing through the roof of various buildings in Quarry
• Suppressed M13 still uses normal audio sounds
• Settings not saving on PC
• FOV Slider setting reverting to default after loading into the map. This has been fixed.
• Doors not opening or closing as intended. In some cases, players are able to see through closed doors.
• Cyber Attack: Unable to defuse the bomb. Unable to pick up a weapon after being revived
• Various audio bugs where the only audio being played is of vehicles, no audio, or only weapons
• Xbox users: We know of a bug with invites and joining up from the Xbox Dashboard. While this is being investigated, you can still send invites and join up with friends within the game.
• Staying as a Party after a match: After completing a match as a party, some players are unable to find a new match and are stuck in the matchmaking lobby. We're still looking into this issue, but in the meantime, disbanding your party and joining back up is a temporary solution while we work on a fix.
• Spawning and Visuals: Spawning is currently inconsistent on some maps. We’ll continue to monitor the spawn system and we’ll update you if we deploy any changes. We will also be looking into lighting and exposure on various areas of the map, such as how you view dark rooms from the outside of a building and vice versa, for example.
• Voice chat: Voice chat is inconsistent when joining up with players on other platforms. This is being investigated.
As you can see, some of the issues have already been fixed while others will require more time as the devs investigate them. This was the final Call of Duty: Modern Warfare beta test so Infinity Ward will have a full month to focus on improvements and bug fixes so everything goes buttery smooth once the game arrives on 25 October 2019.