Epic Games rolled out the v11.31 update for Fortnite: Battle Royale and the star of the show is the Battle Lab, which lets you and up to 15 other friends jump into your own Battle Royale island, customise loot pools and more.
If you're looking for detailed patch notes, you'll once again be disappointed because ever since Fortnite: Chapter 2 launched, Epic are keeping them pretty general.
As for Battle Lab, Fortnite players are getting their own customisable Battle Royale island. They get to choose between different loot pools, so if there's an LTM you really liked, you can choose to use its loot.
"Set up combat scenarios with the new Bot Grenades, and create your own mode by setting options like gravity and fall damage, they wrote.
Fortnite's new mode lets you matchmake with up to 15 friends on your island, but there are default options for public Battle Lab matchmaking too. Overall, it seems that the community's creativity will be challenged once again.
Speaking of creativity, Fortnite's Playground has been incorporated under Creative. "Play Creative maps with others by queuing for Creative and choosing 'Play' instead of 'Create'."
Epic's recently announced and added support as an opt-in beta, promising better hardware utilisation and more stable performance, but the v11.31 update is disabling it. They said they've gained valuable information during the testing period though, and you can expect the feature back "in early 2020".
Fortnite's v11.31 update also brings a bunch of updates for the mobile version, with ongoing work on FPS drops and stuttering. You can check out the list of bug fixes below:
- Continued to make improvements regarding FPS drops and hitching on mobile devices.
- The Fire/Build button on mobile devices is no longer unavailable when the Glider Redeploy button is shown.
- Resolved an issue involving players being unable to exit the HUD Layout Tool on mobile devices.
- Resolved an issue involving being able to see the Edit option on enemy walls.
- The “Eliminations without aiming down sights” Dive! Challenge is now tracking progress properly.
- Resolved an issue involving the "Join Party" option through "Joinable Parties" not working on controller.
- The Item Shop countdown timer no longer appears out of sync for different players.
- Resolved stability issues.Previous Article