Europa Universalis IV Origins DLC will have its focus squarely on Africa. The players will get to perform new country missions for Mali, Kongo and more. A free update is set to launch along with the paid DLC.
Europa Universalis IV is getting a brand new Immersion Pack soon. The latest immersion pack will throw the players into everything Africa has to offer: Zimbabwe's gold, ivory from Central Africa, Ethiopia's temples and more. The birthplace of humanity will be the playground in the new immersion pack for Europa Universalis IV, coming November 11, 2021. The pack's suggested retail price will be ￡7.19 ($9.99/€9.99).
In Europa Universalis IV: Origins, new African missions will add more variety and new goals for some of Africa’s most powerful and fascinating nations.
Europa Universalis IV: Origins immersion pack - features
- A new religion: The Ethiopian Jews of Beta Israel are included, and Jewish countries can choose from nine religious characteristics to emphasise their national strengths, with new events.
- Missions for Mali: Halt the decline of West Africa’s greatest medieval empire and reassert control of former vassals.
- Missions for Songhai: This rising power will have to claim Mali and Timbuktu while also developing its own provinces.
- Missions for Kongo: Unite the peoples of the Congo River and face the growing European threat.
- Missions for Ethiopia: Unify the nations of the African Horn and secure religious unity and prestige in the Kingdom of Solomon. Adds the Chewa regiments.
- Missions for Ajuuraan: Control Indian Ocean trade and bring water to your desert provinces.
- Missions for Kilwa: Look to the season, establish your naval economic power and build a colonial empire.
- Missions for Mutapa: Follow Great Zimbabwe's blueprint and dominate trade by exploiting South Africa's riches.
- Minor Mission Additions: New mission options for Jolof, Mossi, Hausa, Oyo and Adal.
- New Regional Mission Trees: New Missions for minor powers in Central, East and West Africa, and the African Horn, as well as new estate privileges for many nations and regions.
- New Army Sprites: 4 new army sprites each for Congo, Great Lakes, Southern Africa and Bantu nations.
- Two New Missionary models: African Coptic and African Fetishist missionary animations added.
- New Music: 12 minutes of new West African themed music, and 12 minutes of new East African themed music.
Europa Universalis IV: Origins' launch will be followed by a major game update, free for all players.