DICE have finally spoken after a poor launch of Battlefield 2042. The studio say they are working hard on three upcoming updates that will be launching throughout November and December 2021.
DICE are finally addressing the Battlefield 2042 community after an underwhelming reception and launch of their latest shooter. In their latest blog post, the developer touched upon the game's technical issues and revealed what's been worked on at the moment and when exactly can we expect updates to start releasing.
The roadmap for the rest of the year seems pretty straightforward - DICE will be releasing three more updates throughout November and December of 2021, both minor patches and more substantial updates.
Battlefield 2042 roadmap for November and December 2021
Update 2 - Thursday, November 25
- Fix for unable to spawn bug
- Weapon balance
- Reduced spread globally when zoomed and moving
- Improved stationary zoomed accuracy for many weapons
- Spread now decreases faster and earlier when pacing shots. This means more success with single-fire or short bursts.
- Increased PP-29 vertical recoil to ensure that the weapon does not overperform when engaging outside of its intended combat range
- LCAA Hovercraft nerf (lower HP and )
- Nightbird’s 20mm Cannons nerf
- Fix for soldier revives
- Fix for respawn bug - New respawn system that will respawn you automatically after 30 seconds
- Reduced dispersion (bloom) for all weapons except Shotguns, which results in more consistent bullet spread during gameplay
Update 3 - Arriving early December 2021
- Biggest update yet with a lot more fixes, changes, and Quality of Life enhancements.
- Full patch notes
Update 4 - No release date but deploying in advance of the Holidays
Battlefield 2042 is available now on PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S. Check out our review of Battlefield 2042 for more info about the game.