Dead by Daylight has finally gotten a few fixes to the bugs that have been inconveniencing both survivors and killers for the past few months. From map updates to killer fixes, this article covers all of the fixes that are coming with patch 6.5.0.
Behaviour has announced a bunch of new changes coming to Dead by Daylight through the developer updates that were released just a day before the patch notes. There are a lot of changes and tweaks but these are the most memorable ones.
Eyrie of Crows has received a balance pass to make the map more fun to play for both Survivor and Killer. The Map's length has been shortened and generators are more evenly distributed.
The main building has been moved toward the Map's edge and the strength of certain main building loops has been decreased. Additionally, new tiles have been added.
The Queuing Experience
Players are now able to browse the Store, The Archives and Daily Rituals while queueing for a match and if they are mid-purchase when the lobby is ready, the game will wait for the conclusion of the transaction but the player can still get kicked if the delay is too long.
While queued, Killers can now browse their other Killers and change their loadouts and customizations. This will not affect their currently queued character, who remains shown beside the "Looking for Match" message.
Quality Of Life
The Survivor HUD now features an indicator that appears whenever they or their teammates engage in activities that include repairing a generator, being chased by the Killer, healing, recovering from the dying state, cleansing or blessing a Totem, opening an exit gate, or interacting with a Killer’s power.
Behaviour has decided that from now on, Killers who get 4 kills will get the Merciless Killer rating, instead of the previous requirement of a double pip.
- The Knight’s Guards no longer get stuck in various places on the Mount Ormond Map.
- The Knight’s guards are no longer incapable of traversing certain passages on the Mount Ormond Map.
- The Knight’s feet are officially animated in the first-person perspective when attacking or looking down.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Knight and The Spirit to see the Potential Energy VFX and Refined Serum VFX while in Path creation mode and Phase Walking respectively.
- The Knight's Power no longer becomes unusable when using the order system immediately after entering Patrol mode.
- The Knight will no longer be able to perform actions from unintended distances immediately after using Guardia Compagnia.
- The Knight will no longer receive a permanent 5% Haste Status Effect upon creating a Guard Path under than 10m.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Knight entering Path Creation Mode to trigger Make Your Choice while standing beside a Hook.
- The Spirit’s weapon retracting animation no longer speeds up.
- The Spirit’s hair is no longer missing from a Spectator’s point of view during a Custom Match.
- Switching between Charlotte and Victor will no longer lead to an unexpected black screen.
- Fixed an issue where Charlotte would be unable to move after switching control from Victor.
- The Undetectable Visual Effect is no longer missing while using the Silencing Cloth Add-On.
- Unstable Rifts can no longer become infected by a Survivor infected by The Plague’s Power.
Survivor Perks & Gameplay
- Flashbangs no longer spin while in a Survivor’s hand.
- When the Circle of Healing Boon is snuffed, Survivors in its radius no longer fail their ongoing Skill Checks.
- Survivors can no longer drop a Flashbang Grenade while getting Healed.
- Firecrackers and Flashbangs now trigger as intended when thrown against a wall.
- Object of Obsession now properly increases the chances of players becoming the Obsession at the start of a match.
- Potential Energy should no longer remain on the Survivor after certain Killers use their Power.
- Fixed an issue where Hex: No One Escapes Death’s Aura remains active if first blessed by a Survivor, then snuffed by a Killer.
- Resolved Hex: Huntress Lullaby inconsistencies between SFX and UI.
- Fixed an impassable passage between cedar walls on the Badham Preschool IV Map.
- Survivors can no longer use momentum to vault onto a ledge of the Pale Rose’s Ferry.
- A specific Generator on the Garden of Joy Map is no longer inaccessible from one side.
- Placeholder textures have been removed from the Disturbed Ward Map.
- Rainbow Six Siege's Flores gets a cool community rework concept
- Escape from Tarkov - How to fix "bad gateway" error
- What is Rainbow Six Siege Vulkan and does it make a difference?
- Battlestate Games Twitch ban incident resurfaces prior to Twitch Drop event
- Riot teases new Valorant map through 3 cryptic videos
- Escape from Tarkov - All Streets of Tarkov extract locations