Phoenix Labs' behemoth-hunting RPG Dauntless has recently launched its 1.0 version with a hefty update that brought a new weapon to the table. Now, it's time for a new hunt pass called Haunted Shadows and another batch of changes.
Now, the attack speed we're referring to was not a singular move and the dev wrote, "Attack speed was originally thought of only as a function of DPS, but in practice we're seeing it provide sizeable boosts to safety due to its ability to frequently proc on-hit effects. We're reducing the magnitude of attack speed granting effects to reflect this."
The changes were made to the following cells:
- Bonus attack speed reduced to 4/6/8/10/12.5/15% (down from 5/7/10/14/19/25%).
- Buff duration increased to 10 seconds (up from 8 seconds).
- Bonus attack speed reduced to 10% (down from 20%).
- Bonus move speed reduced to 20% (down from 33%).
- Bonus attack speed reduced to 7.5/10/12.5/15/17.5/20% (down from 4/8/12/16/20/25%).
- Bonus attack speed is now active for 16 seconds at all ranks.
- Bonus attack speed reduced to 7.5/10/12.5/15/17.5/20% (down from 5/8/12/16/20/25%).
- Bonus damage reduced to 10/20/30/40/50/60% (down from 15/20/25/40/55/70%).
Additionally, Captain's Grip had its attack speed reduced from 20 to 15 per cent, while its cooldown is up from 20 to 22 seconds.
Phoenix Labs found that "a number of behemoths" didn't match the levels displayed in the lobby UI, which has been corrected, and the same goes for that the bug that made Heroic+ patrols easier. You can find all the power level changes below.
- Gnasher Heroic+ is now 550 (up from 425)
- Boreus Heroic+ is now 550 (up from 475)
- Embermane Heroic+ is now 550 (up from 475)
- Shrike Heroic+ is now 550 (up from 450)
- Skarn Heroic+ is now 550 (up from 425)
- Charrogg Heroic+ is now 550 (up from 425)
- Valomyr Heroic+ is now 550 (up from 500)
- Kharabak Heroic+ is now 550 (up from 450)
- Stormclaw Dire is now 400 (up from 250)
- Stormclaw Heroic 500 (up from 250. Yikes!)
- Stormclaw Heroic+ 550 (up from 250. Double yikes.)
- Riftstalker is now 325 (down from 350)
- Riftstalker Heroic+ is now 550 (up from 500)
- Skraev Heroic is now 500 (down from 525)
In terms of quality-of-life improvements, Dauntless now has a 3-minute AFK timer, the Patrol Chest checkbox remembers your preferences, and there's a number of performance improvements too.