Infinity Ward have released a new patch for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, which fixes some of the issues that appeared after the last week's huge update.
Last week, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare received a major update which introduced Gun Game mode to multiplayer and brought a ton of fixes and tweaks for bugs and weapons respectively. However, the update also introduced a couple of issues so Infinity Ward just dropped a follow-up patch to fix these issues and make some additional, player-requested changes.
The biggest change comes to lengthy spawn camera in Headquarters and Hardpoint modes. As you may know, these are pretty fast modes and require constant running to an objective so extra time to spawn in feels completely necessary. Furthermore, players were able to see the full map and their opponent's locations, which gave them an unfair advantage.
The patch also brings a fix for laser sights becoming misaligned on the P90 and MP5 submachine guns and the E.O.D. perk not allowing players to hack claymores in FFA.
Gun Game mode now supports 4-player parties but everyone will be on their own during the match if that wasn't already obvious. Here are the full patch notes:
- Allowing up to four-player parties in Gun Game.
- Moving FFA to the filter menu.
- Fixing join-in-progress for FFA to prevent finding late-progress matches.
- Turning off spawn cameras for Headquarters and Hardpoint.
- Removed infils (cinematic cutscene) for both teams when loading into Piccadilly, Search and Destroy.
- Fix for a bug where the thermal optic on the PP19 Bizon would appear white while ADS.
- Fix for the E.O.D. perk not allowing players to hack claymores in FFA.
- Fix for various boosting and out of bounds exploits.
- Fix for laser sights becoming misaligned on the P90 and MP5.
- Special Operations: minor adjustment to difficulty.