Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War's Beta is coming soon. The Beta will be free across all platforms, with players who pre-ordered digitally gaining early access.
Details on pre-loading, downloading, schedule, and what’s included in the Black Ops Cold War Beta incoming:
Dates and Times
There will be two weekends of the Black Ops Cold War Beta. Each "weekend" is scheduled to last a total of four days, with both play periods scheduled to begin on Thursday mornings at 10 a.m. PDT and ending on Monday mornings at 10 a.m.
Weekend One (October 8 – October 12): PlayStation 4 Exclusive
- The first Beta weekend is exclusive to PlayStation 4 owners and is scheduled to run from Thursday, October 8 to Monday, October 12.
- Early Access: Thursday, October 8 and Friday, October 9 are available to players who pre-ordered Black Ops Cold War digitally on PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5.
- Open Beta: The rest of the Beta period – Saturday, October 10, to Monday, October 12 – is free to all PlayStation 4 owners.
Weekend Two: All Platforms (Crossplay)
The second Beta weekend will be available to players on all three platforms. The weekend is scheduled to run from Thursday, October 15 to Monday, October 19. Crossplay will be active during this time.
- PlayStation 4: Regardless of whether you digitally pre-ordered the game or not, Weekend 2 is a free Open Beta for all PlayStation 4 owners.
- Xbox and PC Early Access: Those who pre-ordered the game digitally on Xbox One, Xbox Series X, or PC via Blizzard Battle.net can begin playing the Beta on Thursday, October 15 and on Friday, October 16. Xbox Live Gold is required for Xbox players, and PC players are required to have a Battle.net account.
- Xbox and PC Open Beta: The rest of the weekend, from Saturday, October 17 to Monday, October 19, is accessible to Xbox and PC players regardless of pre-order status.
The Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Beta will feature a mix of maps, modes, and playlists. Similar to past Betas, the Black Ops Cold War Beta will also include a progression system where players can earn XP in order to unlock new content for their loadouts including weapons, equipment, Create-a-Class slots, and Scorestreaks.
Earn an SMG Weapon Blueprint
All players who reach Level 10 within the Beta will receive an SMG Weapon Blueprint at the launch of Black Ops Cold War.
Prior to the beginning of each weekend, all players will be able to pre-load the Beta.
- PlayStation 4 (Week 1 and 2): Pre-load the Beta starting on October 6 at 8 a.m. PDT.
- Note: feel free to delete the Alpha, as the Beta is a completely different file and requires a new download.
- Xbox and PC (Week 2): Pre-load the Beta starting on October 13 at 8 a.m. PDT.