Just as Apex Players players started complaining of Respawn being inactive for a while, the dev came back in force, announcing an event with seven mouth watering limited-time events. However, two days per LTM seems a bit too short.
Dubbed Grand Soirée Arcade Event, the event is scheduled to start on Tuesday, 14 January 2020, with the following limited-time modes:
- Gold Rush Duos: Team up with a friend in a mode that has only gold editions of weapons. Yeah, loot will not be an excuse.
- Third-Person Mode: Respawn are giving us a bonafide out-of-body experience with the third-person mode. The earlier data mines were correct about everything except this being a permanent mode. Amen to that, by the way.
- Armed and Dangerous: World's Edge is all about shotguns, snipers and limited armour. Close the distance or try to keep it - as long as you're the last team standing.
- Kings Canyon After Dark: Having discussed this earlier, we think that Respawn found a great way to make the Kings Canyon nostalgics happy without forcing everyone to go back and chase that new-car feeling the game had at launch.
- Dummies Big Day: This one seems to be the most elusive, and we'll have to wait on Respawn to explain it in more detail. The trailer shows different dummy colours, so there's definitely more to it than just unleashing bots.
- Live. Die. Live: This one was data-mined as well, although it was presumed to be one of Revenant's supposed abilities where players respawn on living squadmates when the ring closes. Oh well, close enough.
- Always Be Closing: Apex Legends players will face a constantly shrinking ring, which adds plenty of urgency to the game. We'll have to wait on Respawn for the specifics on ring damage though.
While there's certainly a lot to be excited about Apex Legends' upcoming event, many fans complained of the time constraints. Having each mode run for only two days indeed seems a bit too short, especially considering the working weeks and all.
We hope Respawn reconsiders and adds at least a day to each mode, unless they're just teasing the modes and plan to reintroduce them later for a longer period. Which would actually be great, but we'll have to wait and see what Apex Legends dev has in store.