The new Teamfight Tactics Set 8 introduced Hero augments. Those augments enhance the abilities of the hero/champion in question. Here are the best champions to play in TFT Set 8!
The eighth set for Teamfight Tactics, Monsters Attack!, was released earlier this month by Riot Games. It includes a full roster of new units as well as updated abilities for champions from previous sets. Along with the debut of Hero Augments, this set includes autonomous Threat units without active traits.
We've compiled a list of the S-tier units in the patch to assist you in acclimating to the new set and identifying the strongest units and what items have the best effect on them.
Depending on your health and your board status, the League of Legends champions mentioned in the S-tier are reliable primary carriers that are worth switching to. At level seven or level eight, A-tier champions are reliable carriers to hit on rolling down.
Here is the list of all the S-tier champions in Set 8 with their best item combinations:
- Aphelios: Giant Slayer, Guinsoo’s Rageblade, and Last Whisper or Infinity Edge as the third item
- Ekko: Gargoyle Stoneplate, Sunfire Aegis, and Warmog’s Armor. Ionic spark can also be a potential replacement if you can’t manage to build these exact items
- Fiddlesticks: Ionic Spark, Morellonomicon, and Jeweled Gauntlet. Can also go for Rabadon’s Deathcap for maximum damage output upon casting the ability
- Mordekaiser: Rabadon’s Deathcap, Jeweled Gauntlet, and Hand of Justice. It’s possible to replace the latter with a Giant Slayer, an Ionic Spark, or Morellonomicon
- Samira: This marksman requires an Infinity Edge, Last Whisper, and a Giant Slayer
Here are the best late-game S-tier champions that rely mostly on AP damage:
- Taliyah: Spear of Shojin and Jeweled Gauntlet. For the third item, you can go for Archangel’s Staff, Hextech Gunblade, Rabadon’s Deathcap, or Hand of Justice
- Syndra: Following her buff to her auto-attack range, Syndra is now a top-tier unit. Build a Spear of Shojin, Statikk Shiv to shred enemies, and a Chalice of Power
- Miss Fortune: Jeweled Gauntlet and Spear of Shojin are a must. You can close off the build with Hand of Justice, Archangel’s Staff, Hextech Gunblade, Giant Slayer, or Rabadon’s Deathcap
- Janna: Opt for Stattik Shiv, Chalice of Power, and a Morellonomicon
- Teamfight Tactics Set 8 - How to play MECHA: Prime Jax
- Teamfight Tactics Set 8: How to play Aphelios
- Teamfight Tactics Set 8: How to play the Gadgeteen trait