This guide will provide you with all the information you need to effectively play Draven and utilize his full potential in the game. With the right skills, you'll be able to dominate the Rift and carry your team to victory as Draven ADC.
Draven is considered a top-performing and challenging ADC champion in League of Legends. Playing Draven is centered around catching axes. However, becoming proficient with Draven requires a significant amount of time and dedication, which many players are not prepared to invest. Despite this, those who are willing to master Draven will find a champion capable of delivering game-changing damage.
However, playing Draven effectively requires a high level of mechanical skill, game knowledge, and map awareness, which can be overwhelming for newer players. In addition, his abilities require precise timing and aim, which can be difficult to master.
For those who are willing to put in the time and effort to master Draven, the reward is a champion who can carry games and turn the tide of battle in his team's favor. But for those who are not willing to put in the effort, it may be best to stick to other ADC champions who have a lower skill requirement.
Draven's item build is straightforward and doesn't have much variation. The recent change to Omnivamp on Eclipse, giving it lifesteal, has made the item even more powerful for Draven.
This item is typically built after Essence Reaver, which restores mana, which is crucial for Draven as he needs to use his W ability frequently for increased attack speed and movement speed.
Essence Reaver is considered the core item for Draven, and after these two items, players will want to get Infinity Edge for an even bigger damage spike. With the change to the minimum critical chance required to activate the passive to 40%, it makes Infinity Edge even more valuable as a third item.
Here is how Draven's itemization should look like:
- Essence Reaver
- Eclipse/Immortal Shieldbow
- Infinity Edge
- Lord Dominik’s Regard/Rapid Firecannon
- Guardian Angel
Draven has a specific rune setup that is effective for him, using Precision as the main rune and Domination as the second one. The increased attack speed provided by this rune will make Draven a formidable opponent in duels and skirmishes.
Precision rune tree:
- Lethal tempo - Grant attack speed when attacking champions
- Presence of mind - Increase mana when damaging enemy champions
- Legend: Bloodline - Enemy takedowns grant lifesteal
- Last stand - More damage to champions when low health
Domination rune tree:
- Taste of blood - Heal when damaging enemy champions
- Treasure hunter - Takedowns grant additional gold
- League of Legends Patch 13.3 brings jungle system changes and nerfs to Amumu, K'Sante, and Zac
- Orange Essence 101: The best ways to get it in League of Legends 2023
- Ahri ASU Update: All of Ahri's updated Splash Arts now available in League of Legends
- League of Legends Clash 2023: Everything you need to know
- League of Legends: Aurelion Sol's ultimate takes a page from Lee Sin's playbook in latest rework