It's already been two years since Borderlands 3 hit the live servers. In celebration of the major event, the devs have planned a full month of events.
Borderlands 3 anniversary celebration event schedule
- Week 1 (16:00 GMT August 12 to 15:59 GMT August 19) - Pandora
- Week 2 (16:00 GMT August 19 to15:59 GMT August 26) - Promethea
- Week 3 (16:00 GMT August 26 to 15:59 GMT September 2) - Eden-6
- Week 4 (16:00 GMT September 2 to 15:59 GMT September 9) - Nekrotafeyo
As is tradition, each planet's affected zones boast their own dedicated Legendary weapon types (Pistol, Shotgun, SMG, Assault Rifle, Sniper Rifle, or Heavy), and sometimes even increased chances for Legendary gear types (Class Mods, Artifacts, Shields, or Grenade Mods).
When Borderlands 3 celebrates, it does so for a very long time. We'll have two more mini-events coming at us after these four weeks: both Mayhem Made Mild and Show Me the Eridium will start on September 9 at 16:00 GMT.
- Mayhem Made Mild: Players only encounter Easy modifiers in Mayhem Mode
- Show Me the Eridium: Increased drops of the purple stuff and Eridium item discounts.
Even more surprises will be available for the actual Borderlands 3 anniversary on September 13, but those will remain a secret for now. The entire thing will come to a close on September 16 at 15:59 GMT.
Borderlands 3's most recent hotfixes
Loot the Universe event is back and the devs took the opportunity to pack some additional fixes in the patch that kick-started the anniversary celebration. The newly deployed fixes address some reported concerns of some weapons sometimes not dropping from their loot source, and we can't have that now, can we.
Maurice’s Black Market Vending Machine will now have a new home each Thursday at 16:00 GMT and will be activated with a hotfix.
The following changes are already live in Borderlands 3:
- Activated the Loot the Universe mini-event on Pandora until 8:59 AM PT on August 19.
- Addressed a reported concern that Tom & Xam were sometimes not dropping Soulrender.
- Addressed a reported concern that Aurelia was sometimes not dropping Juliet’s Dazzle.