CD Projekt Red have today showcased the first gameplay footage of The Witcher 3 next-gen update which is coming December 13, to PC and consoles.
One of the greatest RPGs of all time, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt , is being re-released for PlayStation 5 , Xbox Series X|S and PC next month and to celebrate the occasion, CD Projekt Red have today given us the first footage of the next-gen update in their gameplay stream.
We've got to see the ray-tracing implementation, Photo Mode and other various visual improvements as well as new gear inspired by Netflix's The Witcher Tv series. The team also confirmed a new Ultra+ setting and many quality-of-life improvements.
Read on for the full breakdown of the next-gen update.
The Witcher 3 next-gen update features:
- Ray-traced global illumination
- FSR 2 and DLSS
- Photo mode
- New Ultra+ graphics mode
- Performance mode for consoles (60 FPS)
- Quality mode with RTGI and FSR2 for consoles
- New camera perspectives
- Reworked textures and foliage
- Cross-progression between consoles and PC
- QoL improvements
The Witcher 3 next-gen update will be free for all owners of the game.
- Cyberpunk 2077 patch 1.61 adds AMD FSR 2.1 on PC, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S
- CD Projekt Red announce The Witcher 1 Remake
- CD Projekt Red announce two new Witcher games and plans for Cyberpunk 2077 sequel
- Cyberpunk 2077 was reportedly dragged down by outsourced QA
- CD Projekt Red ask fans to create music for Cyberpunk 2077's new radio station