Team 17 and RocketBrush Studio's upcoming game The Unliving will appear on Early Access on October 26. The Unliving is a rogue-lite turn-based action RPG.
Team 17 and RocketBrush Studio dabbled in the dark arts they didn't fully understand and summoned an action RPG to Steam's Early Access. The cursed portal will fully open on October 26 and The Unliving will emerge.
RocketBrush Studio's game combines rogue-lite elements with some real-time strategy gameplay to bring an experience that follows a powerful Necromancer seeking to raise his armies of the undead.
The Unliving will, like any other rogue-lite worth their salt will put players in a series of randomly generated arenas filled with equally random sets of enemies, artefacts, and secrets until the Necromancer reincarnates all his fallen foes, burns every city and slays each boss.
The Unliving Features
- Turn enemies into obedient undead minions: Reincarnate fallen foes into loyal soldiers that obey every command.
- Sacrifice the undead: The Necromancer can sacrifice members of his undead legions to release powerful spells that can change the course of the battle.
- Enjoy hand-drawn levels: The world of The Unliving is procedurally generated from a selection of meticulously crafted and highly detailed pixel art.
- Death is only the beginning: Through each permadeath, players will be resurrected but keep their progression and unlocks.
- Overcome gruelling bosses: Powerful creatures prowl the wilderness, waiting for their chance to take down the Necromancer, each boasts its own fighting style and abilities, requiring strategic gameplay to overcome.
- Unlock the secrets of necromancy: Cryptic notes, coerced information, and ancient artefacts will be instrumental in piecing together the truth behind the necromancer’s immortality, and the unnatural abilities he wields.