Sidearms in The Division 2 are not exactly game changers but they might have a bigger role, should the changes from PTS go to live servers. Some Exotics also saw bumps in damage.
The Division 2 Public Test Server (PTS) has recently been updated with testing for more generous loot, gear set changes and some weapon buffs. It is mostly Exotics and the sidearms, the latter of which might be in a better position in case these changes indeed go through
Full list of sidearms that had damage buffs:
- 586 Magnum – 68.8% damage increase
- Police 686 Magnum – 68.8% damage increase
- Maxim 9 - 23.5% damage increase
- D50 – 17.5% damage increase
- First Wave PF45 – 13.5% damage increase
- Custom PF45 – 9.7% damage increase
- Military M9 – 8.7% damage increase
- 93R - 7.7% damage increase
- Snubnosed Diceros – 6.5% damage increase
- Officer's M9 A1 – 6.3% damage increase
- Diceros – 5.9% damage increase
On the flip side, some of the best sidearms have been nerfed:
- M45A1 – 9.5% damage decrease
- Tactical M1911 – 9.5% damage decrease
- M1911 – 7.3% damage decrease
- Double Barrel Sawed Off Shotgun – Optimal Range reduced to 8m from 11m
The damage increase for the revolvers should put them on the radar but might also make them overtuned as they could potentially have too much of a burst with those six shots.
Liberty is not on the list of sidearms changes as it's also an Exotic. The weapon has had a change to the talent as it now provides additional two per cent damage on each hit and it can stack up to 30 times. A headshot will consume these stacks and repair the shield for 3% for each stack consumed.
It should now be an overall good weapon that might even be used in place of a primary from time to time, as opposed to just finishing opponents off, like the sidearms usually do. You can check out the full list of changes to Exotics and gear sets on the official forum post .