There's a brand new update in the pipeline for Neon Giant's The Ascent. Players can expect fixes for a bunch of issues that have been blocking their progress so far.
Neon Giant's beautiful shooter set in a cyberpunk dystopia is getting updated soon. The Ascent players can look forward to a bunch of fixes and improvements but the dev team isn't quite ready to share the full patch notes with the rest of the class. The Ascent team recently shared an announcement talking about their upcoming patch and some of the more important tweaks that'll be hitching a ride onto the live servers.
The Ascent's dev team has been chipping away at the issues that have been troubling the community at large. Highlights from this month's update include:
- FullChromes that haven't been reporting for duty during Mission 2 "Mutual Dependencies" have been given their last warning and will now show up as intended.
- The "Find Lanier" portion of Mission 5 "Data Miner" should, from now on, go without a hitch.
- Talking to Kira is seldom a pleasant experience, but that step in Mission 7 "Trace Protocol" will no longer be blocked for some players.
- Achievement fixes:
- The "Comprehensive" Achievement has been fixed.
- The team is currently looking into fixes for "Win", "For Both Our Benefits" and "Omnihacker" Achievements.
- Performance improvements are coming up for PC and Windows 10 (including a fix for ray tracing with a history of not showing up to work for some Windows 10 players).
- Co-op fixes incoming: elevator fixes, as well as a hard stop to the numerous issues with network disconnects promised.
- Various: visual issue fixes, stability fixes, audio fixes, translation fixes and more.
The next patch will be deployed shortly, along with full patch notes.