After three updates, there's still no official fix for the bug we encountered on the release day of Star Wars: Squadrons (PC), but you can check out the patch notes for the Update 1.2.
EA have released title update 1.2 for Star Wars Squadrons, and we instantly dived back in to check if the bad refresh rate issue was fixed.
Sadly, it wasn't. The game still suffers from a low fps bug if you set the refresh rate to anything above 59.94Hz, as it did since day one. Here's our article about it.
And here are some patch notes from the Update 1.2:
- Made improvements to the overall Fleet Battles tutorial experience
- Fixed an issue where the player could experience a black screen during or after customizing their pilots
- Fixed an issue where pilot models were blurry when being customized for some players
- Fixed a typo on the profile page
- Other stability improvements and minor fixes, including reduced crashing on PC
- Fixed an issue where dying during the Rebel prologue mission while fighting the Star Destroyer could block progress
- Fixed an issue where medals could be reset after uninstalling or updating the game
- Fixed an issue where players could not progress through Mission 3 if they defeated the Quasars too quickly
- Fixed an issue where the player could get stuck when launching missions from the options menu
- Fixed an issue where the UI after completing the prologue through EA Play would not display correctly
- Fixed an issue where medal earned in the single-player story could be reset after playing other activities (previously fixed on PC)
- Fixed an issue where the game crashed while transitioning into a match
- "Quick Match" will now remember your faction preference for Dogfight
- Fixed an issue where the game would crash when loading into Fleet Battles
- Fixed an issue where players could not use the "Customize Ship" option in the hangar during the Fleet Battles briefing room state
Performance while using the Steam VR was improved as well.
Star Wars: Squadrons is available since October 2 for PS4, Xbox One and PC.