Cloud Imperium Games announced that Star Citizen is marking the Invictus Launch Week with a Free Fly event, letting players try out some of the biggest and most iconic ships in the game.
"Invictus Launch Week, also commonly known as Fleet Week, is the period between Emancipation Day and Armistice Day that marks the beginning of the new recruitment year for the UEE Navy", the dev clarified.
So, Star Citizen players not only get to enjoy the high-flying public demonstrations from the naval fleet, but they also get to dip their toes into a vast pool of vehicles by all the in-game vehicle manufacturers.
This year's official festivities will be held at Area18, ArcCorp. Spacecraft showcases are at the Bevic Convention Center, while the special demonstration comes as courtesy of the 999th Squadron.
MAY 22 - 23: TUMBRIL / RSI / ORIGIN
- 325a: Origin’s sleek signature fighter, the 325a makes a great companion for finding your mark with style and sophistication.'
- Aurora LN: Designed for dangerous combat situations, the Aurora LN comes with bigger shields and larger weapons that pack a punch.
- Constellation Andromeda: A multi-crew freighter with a modular design, the RSI Andromeda is one of the most iconic ships in the ‘verse.
- Constellation Aquila: Explore the stars and distant horizons thanks to an uprated sensor suite and redesigned cockpit that offer maximum visibility.
- Constellation Phoenix: A chariot of the gods, this converted luxury freighter is ideal for VIP transport.
- Mantis: Stop ships dead in their tracks with RSI’s premier quantum enforcer.
MAY 24 - 25, ANVIL AEROSPACE
- Arrow: Featuring an ultra-aerodynamic frame and slight profile, it’s the most agile ship in its class.
- C8X Pisces: This mini-explorer is ideal for scouting and reconnaissance.Carrack: A self-sufficient explorer built to endure extreme conditions in both space and atmosphere.
- Gladiator: A rugged two-person dive bomber.Hawk: The ideal ship for independent bounty hunters and local security.
- Hornet F7C: Tough and dependable, the F7C is a textbook multi-purpose medium fighter.
- Hurricane: A heavy fighter with an almost excessive loadout. Includes a turret that punches through shields and defenses.
- Terrapin: Heavily armored ship with a sophisticated scanner. Ideal for recon and exploration.
- Valkyrie: A heavily armed dual-purpose gunship/dropship.
MAY 26 - 27: AEGIS DYNAMICS
- Avenger Stalker: A modified version of the Avenger catering to bounty hunters. Equipped with prison cells.
- Avenger Titan Renegade: Special-edition Avenger Titan with custom livery and a loadout geared to Arena Commander.
- Avenger Warlock: A variant of the Avenger armed with an EMP generator to disable enemy vehicles.
- Eclipse: A sleek stealth bomber armed with heavy torpedoes.
- Gladius Valiant: Special-edition of the Gladius with custom livery and a loadout geared to Arena Commander.
- Hammerhead: A multi-crew corvette bristling with manned turrets to counter fast fighters.
- Retaliator Bomber: A long-range, anti-capital bomber. Covered in manned turrets and capable of launching size 9 torpedoes.
- Sabre: Favoring agility over durability, this ship is light, sleek, and deadly.
- Sabre Comet: Special-edition of the Sabre with custom livery and a loadout geared to Arena Commander.
- Vanguard Harbinger: A powerful bomber that can operate out of the roughest forward operating bases.
- Vanguard Hoplite: A long-range squad dropship with manned turret.
- Vanguard Sentinel: Designed to fight smart instead of taking enemies head-on.
- Vanguard Warden: A long-range heavy fighter with manned turret.
MAY 28 - 29: ARGO / MISC / CNOU
- ARGO MPUV 1P: A small and unarmed utility runabout for transporting personnel.
- Freelancer MIS: The MIS is a limited-edition militarized variant of the classic Freelancer.
- Mustang Delta: The Mustang Delta is armed with heavier weapons and missiles to give new citizens a little more firepower.
- Razor EX: Stealth-edition of the Razor outfitted with signature-reducing materials and low-draw components.
- Reliant Tana: An easy to maintain, versatile, lightweight fighter.
- Starfarer Gemini: The Gemini version sacrifices fuel capacity for armor and a missile launcher.
MAY 30 - June 1: DRAKE INTERPLANETARY
- Buccaneer: A light fighter that sacrifices durability (and ejection seat) for raw firepower.
- Caterpillar: A heavy multi-crew commercial freighter. Lightly armed with superior cargo capacity.
- Cutlass Black: Back in black. Drake’s pirate-favorite is a highly versatile ship with combat and cargo prowess.
- Cutlass Red: An emergency response and support ship with a medical bay, long-range radar capabilities, and a suite of defensive options.
- Dragonfly Black: A two-seater grav-lev bike that easily traverses rough terrain or open space.
- Herald: No secret is safe. Drake’s Herald captures and stores information before leaving at blistering speed.