Respawn Entertainment have laid out their plan for Apex Legends' Season 2, which officially kicks off tomorrow by the way. They promise way less grind for returning players as well as a bunch of daily and resetting weekly challenges.
Apex Legends lead product manager Lee Horn said that the team heard players complaining of the tedious grind in Season 1, which is why they came up with a new and hopefully better system.
"With the launch of Season 2, you'll be able to complete Daily and Weekly Challenges to level up your Battle Pass. As we've previously mentioned, we're endeavoring to balance gameplay purity with variety and fun, so none of this Season's challenges will require a YouTube tutorial to figure out", they wrote.
Completing more than half of Weekly Challenges will grant Apex Legends players an entire Battle Pass level, while the remaining Daily and Weekly ones will earn Stars.
Stars don't affect your account level progression, but rather stay as XP that's specific to Battle pass and they add up to repeatable Weekly Challenge, which also gives you a whole level.
"Each day, you will receive three new Daily Challenges chosen randomly from a pool of over two hundred. These challenges range from 'Deal 200 Damage in Bunker' to 'Play 1 game as Lifeline' and are intended to be achievable in a short play session", Respawn wrote.
Weekly challenges, on the other hand, are meant to take a bit longer, so they'll usually involve performing certain feats with various characters 20 and more times.
Completing Daily Challenges earns players 3,000 Stars. Weekly Challenges are worth 24,000 Stars, three of which grant you entire levels when completing them.
If you're late into the Apex Legends season, you'll be getting all the Weekly Challenges at one, so hack away.
To maximise your Apex Legends Battle Pass progression, Respawn threw in Weekly Resetting Challenges, which reset if you complete them or not.
- Complete five Daily Challenges – Rewards one Battle Pass level
- Complete 10 Daily Challenges – Rewards one Battle Pass level
- Earn 9,000 STARS and/or match XP – Rewards one Battle Pass level
- This quest may be repeated an unlimited number of times each week.
- Each completion increases the STARS and/or match XP required for the next by 9,000, up to a maximum of 54,000. You need 9,000 for the first level, 18,000 for the second level, etc. This challenge resets to 9,000 each week.