Just as they promised in the recent community update, Ubisoft rolled out the Y5S2.1 update, adding match cancellation, tweaks to Ace, Melusi and Hibana and more.
"Match Cancellation is a new feature that will allow players to cancel their current Ranked match under the condition that team sizes are unbalanced at the beginning of the match (eg: if players disconnect before the first round, or if a lobby is formed with less than 10 players). The Match Cancellation vote option will become available for the incomplete team during the prep phase and a majority vote will cancel the match", Ubisoft wrote.
Such matches will not affect MMR and don't incur abandon penalties. That said, if you leave prior to validation of the match cancellation vote, you will face abandon penalties. In other words, make sure you stay in the game until the vote is validated and your Rainbow Six Siege match cancelled.
Also promised in Rainbow Six Siege's last community update were changes to Melusi, Ace and Hibana, although the brunt of the balancing was reserved for Melusi. The changes are as follows:
- Lowered the penalty zone by approximately 33%.
- Lowered the sound of the Banshee effect in first person POV.
- Reduced max range penalty radius from 6m to 4m (range in which penalty increases from 25% to 50% the closer you get to the gadget)
- Reduced critical Range penalty radius from 3m to 2m (range in which penalty is 50%) See diagram below for how Banshee's penalty ranges work.
Ace & Hibana
- Explosion damage can no longer pass through reinforced walls and destroy fragile gadgets on the other side when you place Hibana's X-Kairos and Ace's SELMA on the floor.
Additionally, hitboxes of Melusi's Banshees are no longer larger than the model, while Echo's Yokai no longer sees through floors when attached to thin ceilings.
Rainbow Six Siege's Y5S2.1 update also brings a number of minor fixes to maps, UI and some bug fixes, which you can find in the full patch notes .