PUBG Mobile has received the first major update in 2021 and it's packed to the brim with content, including the new Runic Power Mode, a fresh Metro Royale with an Honor system, and more.
The update has started rolling out last night and does not require a server update, although PUBG Mobile players will need to download some data. Android users need 615MB of storage while the iOS version requires downloading a whopping 1.5GB.
In return, PUBG Mobile players logging into the game until January 17, 2021, are getting 2,888 BP, 100 AG and Acolyte of Justice Backpack (3D) for free.
Runic Power Gameplay, January 12 - March 7
PUBG Mobile's new mode takes place on Erangel, and relies on otherworldly runes that grant their users magical powers.
Players choose their Rune energy type on Spawn island, which in turn grants them two skills - one for summoning objects, the other to provide a boost. Using the skills, of course, consumes energy, which you'll be obtaining in matches.
- Flame Rune:
- Summon skill - Summons a wheel of flame that rolls forward slowly, dealing burn damage to enemy players it touches.
- Boost skill - Adds a burning effect to your Ammo for a short time.
- Arctic Rune:
- Summon skill - Summons an ice wall. Each block of the ice wall can be destroyed separately. When the ice wall appears, it will lift up players or vehicles directly above them.
- Boost skill - Adds a freezing effect to Ammo for a short time. Freezing reduces the effectiveness of healing.
- Wind Rune:
- Summon skill - Summons a semi-transparent shield of wind that reduces the damage of bullets shot from outside the shield.
- Boost skill - Increases your movement and reload speed.
Also added is the new fire hose, 5.56mm spewing Famas, with 25 rounds in the mag and fastest rate of fire in the game. It can equip muzzles, scopes and mags, but no foregrip, although it has its own bipod that will take care of prone position shooting.
Launching in EvoGround on February 5 is the Power Armor Mode, where players are looking to make their own on Livik. They, and their teammates, can respawn twice with basic equipment, but each of the armour pieces extends their abilities.
Metro Royale: Honor
PUBG Mobile got a new episode of Metro Royale Mode, this time around with an Honor system, which represents your strength and is built by beating players or picking up Honor items. Accumulate Honor and you can grab yourself voice packs, outfits, etc.
You can find the full patch notes here .