Riot Games seem to be trying to move Blitzcrank away from the position he has enjoyed for years, as a support and are giving him his originally intended fighter moniker back.
League of Legends patch changes must first be tested on the Public Beta Environment servers, before going live. So, due to that, we have the option of knowing which champs Riot Games are buffing and nerfing, before the patch goes live
And in patch 12.19 we saw Blitzcrank got some interesting buffs, in an unexpected way. these buffs were meant to move him away from he support role, and give him an opportunity to shine as a fighter.
However, all these buffs did was boost his base scaling and base stats, something that supports thrive on, thus buffing his support role as well.
In League of Legends patch 12.20, though, Blitzcrank will be getting adjustments to resolve this issue:
- [P] Mana Barrier shield adjusted 30% flat >>> 15-45% max mana (based on level)
- [Q] Rocket Grab damage reduced 105/155/205/255/305 >>> 105/150/195/240/285
- [W] Overdrive bonus monster damage increased 60-180 >>> 60-220 (based on level)
- [E] Power Fist adjustments:
- AD ratio reduced 200% >>> 175%
- Extra physical damage against monsters increased 150% >>> 175%
- Monsters and minions are occasionally sent to the moon when overkilled
This way, Blitzcrank won't have as much of a domineering presence in the bot lane as he had so far, with his capability of building a warden support build, and still almost one-shotting the enemy ADC.
Instead, he will be capable of doing just that if the tin can goes into the jungle!
Read More League News