ArenaNet released the latest patch notes that came as a relief to many PvP enthusiasts as Engineers finally got kicked in the shins but the problem named Soulbeast still persists.
Scrappers were a bit too powerful in PvP, causing many other classes not to enjoy it as much as they would in a match without Engineers around. ArenaNet decided to nerf these nuisances but it remains to be seen if they were hit too hard.
Whatever turns out to be the case, here are the full Engineer changes:
- Enhanced Capacity Storage Unit now pulses one might instead of two
- Lesser Grenade Barrage power coefficient per grenade down to 0.3 from 0.5
- Flashbang blind duration down to 1.5 seconds from 2 seconds
- Supply Crate cooldown up to 120 seconds from 90. Stun duration is now 2 seconds instead of 3.
- System Shocker base barrier down to 362 from 724
- Throw Mine cooldown is up to 30 seconds from 15
- Bulwark Gyro cooldown now up to 30 seconds from 25
- Personal Battering Ram ammo recharges every 30 seconds instead of 20
These nerfs should tune the Scrappers' power in PvP overall but the biggest ones are probably halving of System Shocker's barrier and the Supply Crate gimping.
The Engineers were not the only ones in the balance team's sights as Thieves will no longer be that stealthy when stealing now. Hidden Thief will now provide only 0.25s of stealth, down from two seconds. Keep in mind that you will have 1.25s of stealth in total since the talent tree will grant you one second of stealth regardless.
Engineer and Thief nerfs are highlights but you can check out the full release notes on the forums.