It's no secret that James Bond made many a car popular, if not iconic and Microsoft and Playground Games' latest trailer for Forza Horizon 4 milks that for all it's worth, introducing 10 iconic Bondmobiles that will be featured in the game.
First up is the legendary Aston Martin DB5, which was actually the third Bondmobile but whose post-Goldfinger fame is said to have almost matched Sean Connery's. You don't need to remember 1964 to be familiar with it, since its post-Goldfinger appearances are plentiful.
The second card is Aston Martin DBS from On Her Majesty's Secret Service, which quickly cuts to a red AMC Hornet from The Man With the Golden Gun.
And then the car probably everyone knows for one reason or the other - Lotus Esprit, the sports looking oddity that Bond could turn into a submarine. I vividly remember the moment I've seen that marvel yet I'm still unsure whether this card is gorgeous or godawful.
Of course, popping the periscope and going underwater to shoot at your enemies isn't something you'll get a chance to do in Forza Horizon 4, although it seems to be handling driving on wet surfaces pretty well.
Interestingly enough, it is said that Lotus's grip made it impossible for the stunt driver to simulate the sort of excitement that The Spy Who Loved Me crew sought for at the time, until the car's engineer hopped in and made it slide around in a proper action flick manner.
Naturally, Forza Horizon 4 couldn't miss out on the legendary, iconic, irreplaceable Citroen 2CV6 and if you say you don't want to give this one a go, you're nothing but a liar. Granted, Citroen not the sort of beast you normally expect from Bond but c'mon - they don't make 'em like that anymore.
If Forza Horizon 4's demo was anything to go by, and it was, we're looking for a real treat once the game hits PC and Xbox One on 02 October 2018, which is less than two weeks by the way.
The list of 10 Forza Horizon 4's Bondmobiles is as follows:
- 1964 Aston Martin DB5 inspired by Goldfinger (1964), Thunderball (1965), GoldenEye (1995), Skyfall (2012) and Spectre (2015)
- 1969 Aston Martin DBS from On Her Majesty’s Secret Service (1969)
- 1974 AMC Hornet X Hatchback from The Man With the Golden Gun (1974)
- 1977 Lotus Esprit S1 from The Spy Who Loved Me (1977)
- 1981 Citroën 2CV6 from For Your Eyes Only (1981)
- 1986 Aston Martin V8 from The Living Daylights (1987)
- 1999 BMW Z8 from The World is Not Enough (1999)
- 2008 Aston Martin DBS from Quantum of Solace (2008)
- 2010 Jaguar C-X75 from Spectre (2015)
- 2015 Aston Martin DB10 from Spectre (2015)