Looks like Epic Games are going even more radical with their no-patch-notes strategy, as their only notes of changes coming in 12.10 are fixes from their Trello board. Thankfully, the community came to the rescue once more and assembled some.
If you're a Fortnite: Battle Royale regular, you know that Epic went tight-lipped with the start of Chapter 2, but this time it's even more serious.
While the official website has some notes for Fortnite Creative and Save the World, the only changes for Fortnite: Battle Royale are listed on the Trello board. These are as follows:
- Flair style of Y0ND3R incorrectly locked.
- Big Haul Glider variant may not unlock.
- XP gain from XP Coins not appearing in XP bar.
- Unable to close map with map input if bound to directional pad up.
- Teammate arrows flickering / temporarily disappearing in Team Rumble.
- Weak Point hits not registering when very close to them.
- Splitscreen: Player 1 interrupts Player 2’s trigger button action.
As for the community-assembled, a.k.a. crowdsourced, patch notes for 12.10, Fortnite's community noticed several changes.
It seems that Loot Llamas are back, and the new proximity mines allow you to see your opponents through walls whenever triggered. Both of these were spotted and confirmed in several streams.
Heavy Sniper drop rates seem to have been upped significantly, which already worries some parts of the community due to the impending, seemingly inevitable snipe-fest that's coming.
What can be confirmed with certainty is that the issues with servers causing frame drops and stuttering in Fortnite have been addressed, as many players attest to this. While we're yet to properly test this for ourselves, the general consensus seems to be that the general FPS is significantly higher and/or more stable than before.