First Dying Light 2 story DLC has been data mined and could be heavily focused on Gladiator fights in a new location named Opera.
Dying Light 2 was supposed to receive its first major story DLC last month, but as you probably recall, the developer Techland have decided to delay the release since they need more time for optimisation and polish in order to make this the best possible experience for all Dying Light 2 fans.
The DLC details are yet to be officially revealed but some info and in-game footage has leaked online, revealing what appears to be a Gladiator fights-themed expansion with a big new Arena location.
The footage was shared by YouTuber Bub who revealed everything that was data mined from the most recent v1.4.0 update, confirming that the DLC story will eventually take players to "the Opera" which is where the major story events will take place.
Here is the breakdown of the leaked info:
- The story apparently has two endings
- 2000 pieces of dialogue and 1000 stage directions with the "dlg_opera" prefix
- New 3D models and prefabs with prefixes "dlc-opera" and "dlc-1", including Opera house, opera+gladiator themed NPCs and more
- The Opera has several accessible areas including a large area for fights, a warrior room, a prison and more
- Players climb their Arena rank and progress the storyline by fighting in the Arena
- New weapons and gear for each win "The further you go, the better the equipment"
In Bub's video, you can check out some of the new areas in the new Opera locations but keep in mind that there are a lot of missing textures and objects so you won't be getting the full picture.
The new location looks quite exciting and the concept of Gladiator fights does feel intriguing especially if the story delivers.
Also, it will be interesting to see if the Arena will have some sort of multiplayer aspect to it, to allow players to compete against each other or at least try to take down each other's score.
Given that the DLC assets and info were found in the game files of the last update, it's possible that Techland will be soon revealing more details about Dying Light 2's first major DLC.
When they announced the delay, Techland said that the first DLC is now targeting September 2022 release date, so it should not take long before we get to see more of the new content.
MORE DYING LIGHT 2: