Massive Entertainment are still dealing with the overtuned stats of NPCs since the introduction of Warlords of New York expansion and patch 8.5 will continue nerfing them. Some of the most hated enemies, such as Warhounds will get hit.
The Division 2 is having some hard times because Massive Entertainment's idea of a fun challenge turned out to be relapsing to bullet sponges akin to the ones from the original game. Needless to say, people don't like feeling like they are shooting marbles at M1 Abrams tanks and the negative feedback prompted the devs to nerf bullet sponges for the second title update in a row.
TU 8.5 will nerf several NPC enemies:
- BTSU support station
- Tick rate reduced
- Elite support stations provide overheal only once per enemy
- Health regenerated is capped
- Technically not an enemy but it's a direct nerf to a Black Tusk unit
- Longer ability windup to give players more time to react
- Minigun Warhound now has two spins instead of three
- Windup and after shot delay increased for Grenadier Warhound
- Grenadier's moving shot cooldown increased
- Tank archetype (the armor clad enemies)
- Hive and turret have less threat to these enemies so they don't immediately get popped
- Distance checks changed. Will no longer attack these abilities instead of players next to them
- Pentagon bosses
- Drone health and damage decreased
- Brenner's mortar damage, health and armour reduced
- John "Architect" Figgs' armour reduced
There are a few other changes but these are the only ones that directly tackle the biggest source of grief in the game.