Prestige Raids will launch next week, regardless of the newly discovered exploit. A permanent fix is being worked on, but in the meantime, Bungie came up with "a way to verify a clean finish". The current plan is to deploy the safe fix as part of a future update.
Bungie will go ahead and launch the Prestige raid without the exploit fix. I know, it's the headline all over again but I wanted the message to sink in before we continue.
"An exploit was discovered that could cast doubt on the legitimacy of the fireteam who captures the coveted title of World First." says a blog post.
Prestige raids will give the players a new challenge as they are intended to be a more difficult version of this particular game mode. The raids were originally slated for a release last week, but were pushed back seven days so Bungie could fix the exploit. Read about that right through .
Three days later, they are saying that they cannot reliably patch the exploit in time, but also don't want to delay the Prestige raid any longer. The compromise: the creation of a way to verify a clean finish. "We can now detect if any teams use this exploit to gain an advantage. This will take some extra time to verify, but we will be able to crown the winners with the confidence they deserve." says the .
"We have been working on a fix, but the short-term solution contains too much risk," Bungie community manager Cozmo wrote. Now, an actual fix is delayed but the Prestige Raids will launch as planned - October 18 at 10 AM Pacific. The blog post continues: "We don’t want to make you wait any longer to experience what the raid team has cooked up for those of you who enjoy a challenge worthy of your talents."
A safe fix for this issue is still being investigated. The current plan is to deploy it as part of a future update. Next week will bring the Prestige Raids as well as news about Raid Challenges - "designed to make you rethink familiar encounters".