A patch is due for Destiny 2 on PC. The patch will hopefully fix the framerate hitch that was the result of a previously fumbled hotfix. Bungie's PR advises that players may need to close and restart Destiny 2 to apply the latest hotfix.
Hotfix 188.8.131.52 was deployed last week in order to mend the issues impacting Clan rosters and performance degradation while playing on a . Sadly, this patch also brought framerate stuttering issues to some PC players. Bungie, of course, looked into that as well: "We are actively investigating reports of Destiny 2 PC frame rate stuttering after accepting Hotfix 184.108.40.206."
The fix will be available today and palyers "may be returned to the login screen to take the Hotfix after completing their current activity" says Bungie while adding that players "may need to close and restart Destiny 2 to take the Hotfix". You can expect the latest patch to drop at around 18:00 GMT.
- New systems and rewards to give our most engaged players additional, optional pursuits.
- Better incentives for players who complete challenging Prestige activities.
- Better rewards and replay value for strikes, adventures, and Lost Sectors.
- Private matches for the competitive community (we are targeting early 2018).
- Crucible tuning like adjusted Supremacy scoring and better spawning rules.
Destiny 2 is firing on all cylinders
- Better incentives for completing Crucible matches (and penalties for quitting competitive games).
- Continued improvements to Iron Banner and Faction Rallies, including uniqueness of rewards.
- Changes to make the mod economy more interesting and impactful.
- Ongoing improvements to Exotics, including adjustments to reduce instances of duplication.
- New ways to spend surplus currency and materials (looking at you Legendary Shards).
- An emote interface that allows players to equip Salty, Spicy Ramen, Six Shooter, and Flip Out all at the same time.
In other Destiny 2 news, the game's first expansion, , launches in December for all platforms. The expansion will raise the level cap to 25 (up from 20) and boosts the Power level ceiling to 330 (up from 300).
Destiny 2 is now available for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.